Meet Your New Year’s Resolutions with Plant-Based Eating
The year of 2016 is coming to an end, and we are all starting to think about our New Year’s resolutions. Many of us promise ourselves to stay fit and healthy, lose some weight, to spend less money, and to live life to the fullest. These are some of the most popular (and commonly broken) resolutions.
A lot of times, many of us stick to our resolutions for a couple days or weeks, and we go right back to our bad habits. Fortunately, at Fred and Ricky’s, we believe that plant-based eating can help all of us stick to our resolutions for a better year and a better us!
You don’t have to pledge to eat only plant-based foods, but if you eat a little more fruits, veggies, and other plant-delicious foods, you might have an easier time sticking to your New Year’s goals (like the ones below).
- Lose some weight. This is a no-brainer! Eating a plant-based diet can help you shed those extra pounds and make you feel better this coming New Year. Fruits and vegetables contain mostly water, keeping you full without consuming too many calories. Healthy foods also help boost your metabolism!
- Exercise more. How can plant-based foods help you exercise more? They actually enhance your energy! Digestion is naturally easier when minimizing animal products in your diet. Plant-based foods also contain energizing properties.
- Save money. A lot of people claim that eating healthy foods is actually more expensive. However, you‘ll likely save a lot of money by eating a whole-food, plant-based diet. For instance, processed and packaged foods cost more because of the convenience factor, the marketing and production costs. Also, by cooking at home, you’re spending less on eating out. At Fred and Ricky’s, we actually have meal packages to help make eating healthy simple and affordable!
- Get more sleep. Plant-based foods are extremely beneficial for your sleep health. Yes, you’ll have more energy, but you will also find it easier to fall asleep at night. A lot of fruits and vegetables contain vitamin B6 and magnesium, which ensure a healthy sleep cycle.
- Manage stress better. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, legumes and seeds all contain certain nutrients that help reduce mental and physical stress. Try to stick to whole-foods that contain raw vitamins and minerals, and your body will fight off stress more easily.
Let’s start the year 2017 on a good note and stick to your New Year’s resolutions. Fred and Ricky can help! What are your New Year’s resolutions? Leave us a reply, or contact us if you have any questions!