Position Type: Salary-$12/hr w/benefits at full time
Position Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Date Posted: March 17, 2017
We believe that the only sustainable way to feed the population of our planet is by eating a diet made up primarily of plants and that the foods we eat should nourish our body and help us avoid disease. Our goal is to change the world by changing how we eat. Fred & Ricky’s has developed unique 100% plant-based foods that are both healthy and taste amazing without any artificial ingredients or preservatives. Our savory hand-crafted dishes are made fresh daily, and range from pastas, rice dishes & hearty soups, to breads, salads & desserts. We use local and organic ingredients whenever we
can, and many of our dishes are gluten-free.
64 Weldon Parkway, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mon-Fri Schedule to be determined
This position will be focused on cold prep in support of operations within a plant based food manufacturing facility. As Fred and Ricky’s grows to meet increasing demand, this employee will help with food prep, production and/or packaging as needed. Additionally, this position will assist with safe food production by helping maintain the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
What You Need for This Position:
• Working knowledge and interest in food and nutrition and a respect for the effect of proper eating on good health.
• A friendly people-person attitude with the ability to listen, learn, and work well with others.
• Ability to pass drug tests and background checks.
• Perform food preparation tasks as assigned which may include performing specified knife cuts, sauteeing, weighing and measuring ingredients, roasting, and other fundamental cooking techniques.
• Assist in the packaging and labeling of food products
• Work cleanly, efficiently, and ask questions when in doubt.
• Help production manager receive food and supply orders, stock and rotate products in storage, and taking physical inventory
• Upholds all policies and procedures of Fred & Ricky’s.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to work flexible schedule where days off may change from week to week. Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as business dictates.
• Must be willing to comply with all St Louis County health codes and regulations including a Hepatitis A vaccination within 30 days of hiring.
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
• Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to learn and follow health and sanitation requirements.
• Meet schedules and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
Fred & Ricky’s provides a tobacco / smoke free environment.
What’s In It For You?
The opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing companies in the country that is a great place to work with opportunities for advancement. To begin, this position will be part time but has the potential to expand to a full time position.
Fred & Ricky’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter stating why you would be right for this job and your resume along with three references to email@example.com.